Home / Dominica
At a Glance
|Currency||EC$ 2,7 = US$ 1|
|Climate||Humid Tropical Marine|
|Ethnic Group||Black and Mixed|
|Independence date from UK||Nov 3 , 1973|
|Member of British Commonwealth|
|Member of United Nation|
Member of Eastern Caribbean States
- Citizenship for life .
- Dominica recognizes dual citizenship, so there is no need to renounce your other citizenship
- Dominica does not inform your country of residence of your Dominican citizenship
- You are not obligated to reside in Dominica to maintain your citizenship
- Visa-free travel to more than 135 countries around the world.
- Great privacy and asset protection
- As a commonwealth citizen, after graduation, you have the privilege to study and work in the UK
- You can work in any CARICOM member country
- No military service required
- No restrictions on doing business globally, including doing business in the United States
- Tax Free
- A sibling of the main applicant or his or her spouse, who is over eighteen years; and single with no children can be part of the application.
Successful applicants can benefit from visa-free travel to the countries below including most of Europe countries. It must be noted that visa-free travel to the countries listed below are subject to change. It is strongly advisable that the relevant Government authorities and agencies are contacted prior to travel arrangements made. See the below link.
|ANGUILLA||ANTIGUA & BARBUDA||ARUBA||THE BAHAMAS|
|BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS||BRUNEL||BURUNDI*||CAPE VERDE ISLANDS|
|CAYMAN ISLANDS||COLUMBIA||COMOROS*||COOK ISLANDS|
|COSTA RICA||DOMINICAN REPUBLIC||EAST TIMOR*||EL SALVADOR|
|EGYPT*||FIJI||GIBRALTAR||GRENADA & THE GRENADINES|
|KOREA (SOUTH)||LAOS*||LEEWARD ISLANDS||LESOTHO|
|NAMIBIA||NETHERLAND ANTILLES||NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS*||PANAMA|
|PERU||PHILIPPINES||TURKEY*||TURKS & CAICOS|
|SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE*||ST. KITTS & NEVIS||ST. LUCIA||ST. VICENT & THE GRENADINES|
|SEYCHELLES||SINGAPORE||SOLOMON ISLANDS||TRINIDAD & TOBAGO|
The total amount to be paid by a client for Dominican citizenship consists of three parts:
- Payment to the Government
- Payment for Due Diligence
- Our Professional Fees
Payment to the Government
There are two options:
Option 1: By Donation (Non-refundable).
|Single applicant||US$ 100,000|
|Applicant and Spouse||US$ 175,000|
|Single parent + 2 children||US$ 150,000|
|Applicant + Spouse + 2 children||US$ 200,000|
|Additional child||US$ 25,000|
|Note: The above amount will be paid directly to the Government of Commonwealth of Dominica approximately after two month from the date of receiving all the required documents from the applicant.|
Option 2: By Real Estate
To qualify for citizenship of Dominica under the Real Estate Option under the Citizenship by Investment Program, an applicant must purchase authorized real estate to the minimum value of USD 200,000.
Following approval of a real estate investment application, the following Government Fees are payable:
|For the Main Applicant||US$ 25,000|
|For Family up to 4 People||US$ 35,000|
|For Family up to 6 People||US$ 50,000|
|For Family up to 7 people or more||US$ 70,000|
The real estate must be held for 3 years and may be eligible for re-sale under the Citizenship by Investment Programme after 5 years from the original purchase date.
Payment for due diligence:
The cost of the background checks.
DUE DILIGENCE FEES (required for both the Real Estate and the Government Fund options)
Main Applicant - USD 7,500*
Spouse - USD 4000
Dependant aged 16 years and above - USD 4000
Other fees to be paid to the government:-
- Application fee – USD 1000
- Naturalization Certificate fees – USD 250 per person
Children till the age of 30 Years
|Siblings – biological or adopted – of the main applicant or spouse may included in the application, provided the sibling is over 18 years of age, single, and childless.|
Parents above 55 years, provided they are fully dependent on main applicant.
Application Form 12
- A confirmation letter from the the university in respect of the children over 18.
- One Professional reference for the investor.
- Banker Reference.
- Bank Statements for the last 12 month.
- Employment letter & if self-employed, the trade license required.
- Marriage certificate or Divorce certificate.
- Police Clearance – For every one over 16 years old
- Six certified passport size photos. ( 45ml * 38ml )
- Birth certificate for all applicants.
- Copies of University/College diplomas.
- Completed medical for all applicants.
- A detailed resume/business background report is required of all applicants
- Fingerprints - For every one over 16 years old
- Military Book - For main applicant only
- Driving License Copy
- Passport Copy
- For a proof of address : House rent contract or ownership title or utility bill
Note: All letters should be addressed to:
Citizenship by Investment - Roseau – Commonwealth of Dominica
- CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT DOMINICA?
The Commonwealth of Dominica is a Caribbean republic with a parliamentary democracy. The capital city is Roseau and the population is approximately 70,000. The language is English. French Patois is also spoken and the currency is the East Caribbean Dollar.
- WHAT IS THE CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM?
The Citizenship by Investment Programme allows foreign investors to obtain full legal citizenship and passports for an investor and their family where that investor has made a significant investment in Dominica which qualifies under the Citizenship by Investment Regulations. Presently the qualifying investments are a contribution to the Government Fund of a minimum amount of US$100,000 or the purchase of a property to the value of US$200,000.
- HOW DO I APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP?
A detailed breakdown of the steps for applying for citizenship can be found at here.
- WHO IS AN AUTHORISED AGENT?
An authorised agent is a person licensed by the Government to act on behalf of applicants for Citizenship by Investment. A list of authorised agents can be found here.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP?
Applicants for citizenship must be at least 18 years of age, of good character, without criminal records and who are able and willing to make the required contribution. Applicants must engage an authorised agent who will assist them to prepare the required forms and supporting documents.
- HOW MUCH DOES THE PROGRAMME COST? WHAT ARE THE FEES?
The total cost will be made up of the investment, and then other fees relating to the processing of the application. These will depend on whether you choose to obtain citizenship through the Government Fund option or the Real Estate Investment option. For a breakdown of the fees applicable please click here .
- DOES CITIZENSHIP EXTEND TO MY SPOUSE AND CHILDREN?
Yes, citizenship is extended to your spouse, dependent children and dependent parents. Fees for family members are provided with the application form.
- WHO QUALIFIES AS DEPENDENTS?
A dependent means:
- A spouse of the main applicant;
- A child under eighteen (18) years of age of the main applicant or his or her spouse;
- A child of the main applicant or his or her spouse between eighteen (18) and twenty five (30) who is in full time attendance at a recognised institution of higher learning after his or her eighteenth birthday and fully supported by the main applicant;
- An unmarried daughter of the main applicant who is under twenty five (30) years of age and is living with and fully supported by the main applicant;
- A child of the main applicant or spouse of the main applicant who is above the age of eighteen (18) years and physically or mentally challenged and who is fully supported by the applicant;
- Parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his or her spouse above the age of sixty five (55) years living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
A child means a biological or legally adopted child of a main applicant, or of the spouse of the main applicant.
For more information, contact an authorised agent for questions relating to which of your family members may be included in your application.
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Once citizenship of Dominica has been granted, you will have the all of the same rights as any Dominican citizen. You will have the right to live and work in Dominica at any time. As Dominica is a member of CARICOM, you can also live in any other member nation. With a Dominican passport, you can travel visa-free to over 95 countries, including the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and Ireland. For more information about the benefits of Dominican citizenship, see here.
- WILL I BE LIABLE TO ANY TAXES IN DOMINICA?
There is no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax. You are only liable to pay personal tax if you reside in the country.
- HOW DO I GET TO DOMINICA?
International travellers from Europe and the USA arrive in Dominica through transit hubs in Antigua, Barbados, St Maarten, Puerto Rico, Guadeloupe and Martinique. Dominica's main and larger airport is Melville Hall (DOM) which accommodates commercial airlines and has an updated terminal. Canefield Airport (DCF) currently serves only courier services and private charters. For more information your trip to Dominica, please see here.
- WHERE WILL MY DOMINICAN PASSPORT BE RECOGNISED?
Everywhere. The passport that you obtain as a Citizen by Investment is a fully legal passport, and is universally recognised by all state parties to the UN.
- DOES DOMINICA RECOGNISE DUAL CITIZENSHIP?
Yes, the laws of Dominica recognise and allow dual citizenship and you are not required to renounce your other citizenships. Further more, Dominica does not notify authorities of your country of residence or citizenship on your Dominican citizenship. You are not required to reside in Dominica to keep your citizen's status.
- WHERE CAN I TRAVEL ON MY DOMINICAN PASSPORT WITHOUT OBTAINING A VISA IN ADVANCE?
With a Dominican passport, you can travel visa-free to over 95 countries, including the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and Ireland. You will have the right to live and work in Dominica at any time. As Dominica is a member of CARICOM, you can also live in any other member nation. Holders of a Dominican passport, like all Caribbean countries, do require a visa to enter the United States, as they are not a member of the Visa Waiver Program.
- HOW MANY YEARS IS THE PASSPORT VALID?
All Dominican passports are valid for up to 10 years. Passports for children under 16 years old are issued for 5 years.
- HOW DO I RENEW MY PASSPORT WHEN IT EXPIRES?
Expired passports or those with no free pages can be easily renewed for a fee at the Passport and Immigration Department in Dominica or through any Dominican Consulate (with no need to personally travel to Dominica or its Consulates).
- HOW CAN I BE SURE THAT MY PASSPORT WILL BE RENEWED UPON EXPIRY?
As part of the laws of Dominica, citizens are entitled to a passport.
- DO I NEED AN ADDRESS IN DOMINICA TO RENEW MY PASSPORT?
No, you do not need an address in Dominica. You can renew your passport at Passport and Immigration Department in Dominica or through any Dominican Consulate and may simply give your primary residence as address.
- CAN I RENEW MY PASSPORT IF I HAVE ALREADY SOLD THE INVESTMENT PROPERTY?
Yes, as long as you held the property for the required number of years after obtaining your citizenship.
- CAN I SUBMIT THE APPLICATION TO THE CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT UNIT MYSELF?
No. Applications must be submitted through an Authorised Agent.
- HOW LONG DOES THE APPLICATION TAKE?
From submission of the required documents to the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica, the processing time is approximately 8-12 weeks.
- HOW DOES THIS PROGRAMME COMPARE TO OTHER CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMS?
This reputable programme has been running since 1993 and is established and experienced in processing applications. It has quick processing times and offers the most affordable route to full, legal citizenship of any of the Citizenship by Investment Programmes in the world.
- IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS CONFIDENTIAL?
The application process is confidential, with no disclosure of or exchange of information, except where necessary checks are to be carried out by an authorised due diligence agency.
- DO I HAVE TO ATTEND AN INTERVIEW?
There is currently no mandatory interview requirement for the Dominican Citizenship by Investment Program, however an interview may be required at the discretion of the government.
- DO I HAVE TO TRAVEL TO DOMINICA?
There is no requirement to travel to Dominica as part of the application process, however we encourage individuals to visit Dominica.If an interview is required, it would usually be held in Dominica. However, should the applicant be unable to attend an interview in Dominica, interviews may be held at certain centres outside of Dominica, subject to the applicant paying the applicable costs.
- DO I HAVE TO BE RESIDENT IN DOMINICA IN ORDER TO OBTAIN CITIZENSHIP?
No. You do not have to reside in Dominica before or after citizenship is granted under the Programme.
- IS THE APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE ONLINE?
No. The application forms for Citizenship by Investment can only be obtained through an authorised agent.
- CAN I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION IN ANY LANGUAGE?
No. All applications must be in English.
- WHAT IS A POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE?
A Police Clearance Certificate is a document provided by a law enforcement agency confirming the absence of a criminal record.
- WHAT IS THE OATH OF ALLEGIANCE?
Upon final approval of citizenship, each applicant is required to sign an Oath of Allegiance to the Commonwealth of Dominica. The oath must be signed before a Notary Public, Justice of Peace or Commissioner of Oaths.